Chipotle is a popular fast-casual dining chain that is known for its focus on fresh ingredients and customizable burritos, bowls, tacos, and salads. The company has over 2,700 locations across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, and employs a large number of workers in a variety of roles. If you’re considering working at Chipotle, you may be wondering how much the company pays its employees.
Average Hourly Wage
According to data from Glassdoor, the average hourly wage for Chipotle employees is $10.74. This number can vary significantly depending on the role and location. For example:
- Crew members (the equivalent of entry-level positions) generally earn around $9-10 per hour. These employees are responsible for tasks such as preparing food, taking orders, and maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
- Shift leads (supervisory roles) can earn up to $15 per hour. These employees are responsible for overseeing the crew members and ensuring that all tasks are being completed efficiently and to the highest standards. They may also be responsible for handling customer complaints, managing inventory, and training new employees.
- Managers at Chipotle typically earn $40,000-60,000 per year, depending on their level of experience and the size of the location they oversee. Managers are responsible for the overall operation of the restaurant, including hiring and training employees, setting schedules, and ensuring that all policies and procedures are being followed.
Benefits and Opportunities for Advancement
It’s worth noting that Chipotle has a reputation for paying its employees fairly and offering a range of benefits, including:
- Flexible scheduling: Chipotle recognizes that its employees have other commitments outside of work, and allows them to schedule their shifts around their other obligations.
- Paid time off: Chipotle offers paid time off to its employees, allowing them to take time off when they need it.
- Opportunities for advancement: Chipotle encourages its employees to grow and develop within the company, and provides opportunities for advancement through its various training programs.
The company also has a strong focus on employee development, offering a variety of training programs to help its employees improve their skills and knowledge.
Overall, the pay at Chipotle is competitive with other fast-food and fast-casual dining chains. The company’s commitment to its employees is one of the reasons it has such a strong following among both customers and workers. If you’re looking for a job that offers a good balance of pay and benefits, Chipotle could be a great option to consider.