Chipotle corn salsa is a delicious and flavorful condiment that is perfect for adding a spicy kick to your favorite Mexican dishes. Whether you are looking to add some extra flavor to your tacos, burritos, or salads, this spicy salsa is sure to hit the spot. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make chipotle corn salsa at home.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from the chipotle pepper can
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Begin by thawing the frozen corn kernels. You can do this by placing them in a microwave-safe bowl and heating them for 1-2 minutes on high, or by letting them thaw at room temperature for about an hour.
- Once the corn is thawed, add it to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the diced tomato, red onion, and cilantro to the mixing bowl with the corn.
- Mince the chipotle pepper and add it to the mixing bowl along with the adobo sauce and lime juice.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until they are evenly mixed.
- Taste the salsa and add salt to your desired level of seasoning.
- Serve the salsa immediately or store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
- If you prefer a milder salsa, you can omit the chipotle pepper or use just half of one.
- For a creamier salsa, you can add a tablespoon of sour cream or Mexican crema to the mix.
- To make a more colorful salsa, you can add diced bell peppers or avocado to the mix.
This chipotle corn salsa is a quick and easy recipe that is sure to add some heat and flavor to your favorite dishes. Whether you are looking to add a spicy kick to your tacos or burritos, or simply want a tasty condiment to enjoy with your chips and dips, this salsa is sure to be a hit. Give this recipe a try the next time you are in the mood for some spicy Mexican flavor!