Chipotle mayo is a creamy and spicy condiment that adds a kick to sandwiches, burgers, and salads. It’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients, and it’s a great way to spice up your meals. Here’s how to make chipotle mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from the can of chipotle peppers)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, garlic, adobo sauce, and lime juice.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Taste the mayo and add salt as needed.
- Transfer the chipotle mayo to a jar or container with a lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
- The chipotle mayo can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To use the chipotle mayo, simply spread it on sandwiches, burgers, or use it as a dip for fries or veggies. It’s also a delicious addition to salads or as a topping for grilled chicken or fish.
You can adjust the spiciness of the chipotle mayo by using more or fewer chipotle peppers, depending on your preference. If you like things really spicy, you can even add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the mayo.
Making your own chipotle mayo at home is quick, easy, and much more affordable than buying it at the store. Plus, you can customize it to your liking by adjusting the spiciness and adding other ingredients like herbs or spices. Give it a try and see how it adds some extra flavor to your meals!