Pancakes are a classic breakfast dish that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Chocolate chip pancakes, in particular, add a delicious twist to the traditional pancake by incorporating chocolate chips into the batter. In this article, we will go over the steps needed to make delicious chocolate chip pancakes from scratch.
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (it’s okay if there are some lumps in the batter).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Using a ladle or measuring cup, pour the batter onto the skillet or griddle. Cook until bubbles form on the surface and the edges start to look set, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adjusting the heat as needed.
- Serve the pancakes warm with butter and syrup, or with your favorite toppings.
You can also mix in other ingredients such as nuts, berries, or even a different type of chocolate like dark chocolate or white chocolate. You can also make the pancakes more nutritious by adding in whole wheat flour or oats.
To keep the pancakes warm while cooking the rest of the batch, place them on an oven-safe plate in a 200 degree Fahrenheit oven. Make sure to not overcrowd the skillet or griddle while cooking the pancakes, this will ensure that each pancake cooks evenly. Adjust the heat as needed. If the pancakes are browning too quickly, lower the heat. If they are not cooking fast enough, increase the heat.
You can serve the pancakes with traditional toppings such as butter and syrup, or you can get creative and try something different. For example, you can top the pancakes with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Overall, making chocolate chip pancakes is a simple and enjoyable process. With a few basic ingredients and a bit of patience, you can make a delicious breakfast that is sure to please everyone. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and toppings to find your perfect chocolate chip pancake recipe.