Friendly’s Jubilee Roll is a classic ice cream treat that is beloved by many. If you’re a fan of Friendly’s or just love ice cream, you’ll definitely want to give this recipe a try. Here’s how to make your own Jubilee Roll at home:
- 1 quart of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of strawberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 cups of cake crumbs (such as yellow or white cake)
- Whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Begin by making the fruit filling for the Jubilee Roll. In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, sugar, water, corn syrup, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the fruit is soft and the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- While the fruit filling is cooling, prepare the ice cream. Scoop the vanilla ice cream into a large, flat container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Once the ice cream is firm, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. Spread the cake crumbs out onto a large sheet of wax paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the ice cream into thin slices and place them on top of the cake crumbs. Gently press the cake crumbs onto the ice cream slices, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- Spread the cooled fruit filling over the top of the ice cream slices. Using the wax paper as a guide, carefully roll the Jubilee Roll into a tight log shape. Wrap the roll in plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve the Jubilee Roll, remove it from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
And that’s it! With these simple steps, you can enjoy your own homemade Jubilee Roll in no time. The combination of creamy vanilla ice cream, sweet fruit filling, and crunchy cake crumbs is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Give this recipe a try and let us know how it turns out.