KFC Coleslaw is a classic side dish that has been enjoyed by many for decades. This creamy and tangy salad is the perfect complement to KFC’s famous fried chicken, but it can also be enjoyed on its own as a delicious and refreshing snack. If you’re a fan of KFC Coleslaw and would like to learn how to make it at home, this guide will walk you through the process step by step.
- 1 head of green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by preparing your vegetables. Shred the cabbage, grate the carrots, and chop the onion. You can use a food processor to make the shredding and grating process faster.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, grated carrots, and chopped onion. Mix well to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Whisk the ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Be sure to mix well, so that all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Season the coleslaw with salt and pepper to taste. You can add more or less depending on your preference.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the coleslaw for at least 2 hours before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and give the coleslaw a chance to chill and crisp up.
- Before serving, give the coleslaw a good stir to redistribute the dressing.
Tips & Tricks
- To make the coleslaw ahead of time, you can prepare it up to 24 hours before you plan to serve it. Just be sure to give it a good stir before serving to redistribute the dressing.
- If you prefer a sweeter coleslaw, you can add an additional tablespoon of sugar to the dressing.
- If you prefer a tangier coleslaw, you can add an additional tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to the dressing.
- To make the coleslaw even more flavorful, you can add some chopped herbs such as parsley, dill, or chives.
- If you’re looking to add a little crunch to your coleslaw, you can add some chopped nuts or seeds such as almonds, pecans, or sunflower seeds.
In conclusion, making KFC Coleslaw at home is an easy and fun process. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste and enjoy this delicious side dish with your family and friends. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.