Panda Express is a popular fast-food chain known for its Chinese-American cuisine, and one of their most popular dishes is the Chow Mein. This dish is made with tender noodles, savory vegetables, and a delicious sauce, making it a favorite among many. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to make Panda Express Chow Mein at home, including the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 1 (16-ounce) package dry chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- Cook the chow mein noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil mixture.
- Once the oil is hot, add the shredded cabbage, celery, carrots, and mushrooms, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the cooked chow mein noodles to the pan and toss to combine with the vegetables.
- Pour in the chicken broth or water, and continue to stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the noodles are heated through.
- Serve the Chow Mein hot, garnish with green onions or sesame seeds if desired.
Note: You can also add proteins like chicken, beef or shrimp to make it more filling.
Making Panda Express Chow Mein at home is a simple process that requires only a few basic ingredients. By following the above instructions, you can recreate the delicious taste and texture of this popular dish right in your own kitchen. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables or proteins to make it more personalized to your taste. It’s a great way to enjoy a restaurant-quality dish at home and a perfect way to enjoy a taste of Panda Express.