Panda Express is a popular fast-food chain known for its Chinese-American cuisine, and one of their most popular dishes is the Orange Chicken. This dish is made with crispy chicken chunks, tossed in a sweet and tangy orange sauce, making it a favorite among many. In this article, we will take a closer look at how to make Panda Express Orange Chicken at home, including the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Green onions and sesame seeds, for garnish
- Begin by preparing the chicken. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. Dip each chicken chunk into the beaten eggs, then coat in the flour mixture.
- In a separate shallow dish, mix together the cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Dip the chicken chunks in the cornstarch mixture, pressing the mixture onto the chicken to coat evenly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Carefully add the chicken chunks to the oil and fry for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove the chicken from the skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange marmalade, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes (if desired). Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and let simmer for about 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cooked chicken chunks to the saucepan and toss to coat well with the orange sauce.
- Serve the Orange Chicken hot, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Making Panda Express Orange Chicken at home is a simple process that requires only a few basic ingredients. By following the above instructions, you can recreate the delicious taste and texture of this popular dish right in your own kitchen. Feel free to adjust the recipe to your liking, for example, adding more or less red pepper flakes to adjust the spiciness to your preference. This recipe is a great way to enjoy a restaurant-quality dish at home and a perfect way to enjoy a taste of Panda Express.