Taco Bell’s cinnamon twists are a sweet and crispy treat that are the perfect finishing touch to any meal. If you’re a fan of these twists and want to recreate them at home, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we’ll share a recipe for making your own version of Taco Bell’s cinnamon twists.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the water and stir until a dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1/8 inch.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into strips about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large saucepan or deep fryer, heat the vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Carefully add a few of the dough strips to the hot oil and fry for about 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the cinnamon twists from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- While the twists are still hot, toss them in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough strips.
Tips and Variations
- For an extra crispy texture, you can try double frying the dough strips. Simply fry them for about 1 minute, remove them from the oil, and let them cool for a few minutes before frying them again for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- You can use this same dough recipe to make savory twists by omitting the cinnamon sugar coating and adding herbs and spices to the dough before frying. Some good options include garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can use a large saucepan or pot filled with oil. Just be sure to use a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the oil and adjust the heat as needed to maintain the proper temperature.
Making your own version of Taco Bell’s cinnamon twists at home is easy and allows you to enjoy this sweet and crispy treat anytime you want. With just a few simple ingredients and a bit of frying, you can recreate these twists in the comfort of your own kitchen. So the next time you’re craving a delicious and satisfying dessert, give this recipe a try!